Sunday, September 2, 2012

MLB and Husker Football Thoughts

I gave some thoughts on the Hall of Fame and who is on and who is not, but wanted to get another thought in as well as a Husker football thought.

As an Astros fan (yes we do still exist) I am hoping beyond hope that Craig Biggio gets inducted with Jeff Bagwell more than anything.  The two, together, were the keys to the Houston Astros franchise for about 15 years and brought class and dignity to the franchise.

However, the likelihood that they both go in together...I will have to say, it's going to be a long shot.  You have to get 75 percent of the votes.  Then you have the issue of will some voters put Bagwell in because of the performance enhancing drugs deal.

Also a quick Husker football thought: Taylor Martinez actually looked a lot better in the first game Saturday. I thought they'd win but I didn't think Martinez would have a quarterback rating of 212.5.  My sources also tell me Rex Burkhead will be just fine.

So now it's off to UCLA for the Huskers, and we should know more about the team after next weekend.  UCLA will no doubt come ready to play and they have the talent to get it done.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment