Tuesday, September 25, 2012

College Football, Pro Football, Replacement Referees

OK so I just have to say something regarding these replacement referees.  It's obviously a hot button topic and Twitter was all about the replacement NFL referees last night.

Keep in mind, while these replacement referees have been largely incompetent, I just want to say something: What makes anyone think that the real guys will be so much better if/when they come back?  I wonder what will happen the first time a real referee makes a huge mistake in a critical game and the fans will apologize for the referee saying that it's just rust.  You know it will happen too.

When is the college football uniform madness going to stop?  I thought it was bad that Nebraska was going to have terrible uniforms Saturday night against Wisconsin, but this takes the cake.  The Oklahoma State fans and alumni who have been fans for many years have to be shaking their heads today.  More on that below, and no I am not making this up.

http://www.cowboysrideforfree.com/2012/9/25/3408282/Oklahoma-State-Cowboys-football-new-uniforms-texas-longhorns

As a Texans fan, they are getting a lot of props for their 3-0 start, their first in franchise history.  The pessimist side of me, though, is still waiting to see how they do against Green Bay and Baltimore before I make any predictions on the rest of the season.

One last college football note: the polls made the correct call jumping Oregon over LSU for the No. 2 spot in both polls.  I'm a big SEC guy but LSU played terrible Saturday night.  I could make an argument for Florida State at No. 3 but left LSU there instead.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment