Thursday, June 21, 2012

The NBA Finals Game 5 and what it's like to be without air conditioning

Back with another brief blog, as there have been a couple of things which have happened this week which require my attention.

The first thing is the major story which has been going around this household the last few days.  That story has been the air conditioning issue.  You see, the old AC for the upstairs part of the house was 20 years old, and you know how things get when they get old - they just can't do it anymore.

So it died last Friday upstairs and all of a sudden it gets quite warm.  We get the lowdown and we decide to get a new AC.  In the meantime, I spent a lot of the weekend watching US Open golf, and doing things that you would normally do on Father's Day.

As it turned out though, it wasn't quite as warm as I originally anticipated.  In fact, once the temperatures got cooler late at night and early in the morning, it was rather pleasant to sleep upstairs.

What's funny is, my brother Pat has been through hurricanes down here which have taken away power and AC for several days on end and what we had the last few days was nothing compared to that, at least he said so.  I was still in school in Lincoln at the time so I can't comment on that.  We now have a new AC unit upstairs which has been rather good so far.

As far as Game 5 of the NBA Finals tonight, I'm looking for a Thunder win, mainly because I think the Thunder are too good of a team to lose four games in a row in any playoff series, and because I think they will get the bulk of the calls tonight.  Miami should win the series and Lebron should win his first title but I think it will come in six games, not five.

One other thing: apparently there were some pretty bad storms last night in Nebraska.  I hope the folks back there are OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment