Thursday, November 8, 2012

College Football, The NFL, Giants World Champs

I haven't been on since the World Series began, really, so here's just a few things to touch on.

Humblest congrats to the San Francisco Giants, who are baseball's World Series Champions for the second time in three seasons.  When you really think about the fact that they don't have a payroll like the Yankees or Phillies, that makes this accomplishment even more amazing.

I'm also very happy for Bruce Bochy, who is still well liked in Houston and won the title with the Giants two years ago as well.  Bochy is a guy who out-managed Jim Leyland in that World Series and I think deserves more respect than he gets.

Big matchup in the NFL Sunday night - Houston Texans at Chicago Bears.  My personal pick is Houston by three, but I think the teams are very evenly matched.  This is a game that is likely to come down to field position and who takes care of the ball better.  Oh and whether the Bears can protect Cutler will determine in large part who wins the game.

As the Nebraska matchup with Penn State approaches Saturday, I can't help but think back to last year when all the allegations came out as well as the aftermath.  It was so surreal seeing the pregame scene before the game at Penn State last year

As for the game Saturday, my hope is simply that the Huskers can play a good, clean football game, a lot of which the team has not done in recent weeks.  They won at Michigan State but were lucky to win that game.

I am beginning to think Oregon could beat Alabama.  A week ago Monday, Vegas listed Oregon as a six point underdog on a neutral field against the Crimson Tide, now the line is closer to three.  I don't know how well their defense matches up against the Crimson Tide offense but Oregon's offense might be the best offense I've seen in college ball since the 1995 Huskers.  I don't know if they would win but I'd love to see the matchup.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment